Mk II Changes:
Company logo changed to new Direct Action logo after rebranding
Redesigned side pockets. Zipper to expand side pockets was removed and they are now equipped with elastic for expansion
It’s a lightweight and versatile backpack designed for Military and Law Enforcement operators. This smaller pack has a wide camo and solid color selection that also makes it a great choice for hunters and outdoor enthusiasts. You can also get it in snow camo - PenCott SnowDrift™ for winter activities. The camo/color selections with the low profile look and feel makes it a perfect Everyday Carry (EDC) bag. If you’re looking for a small, heavy duty MOLLE backpack for your laptop, tablet, iPad, hydration bladder, etc. or just a solid base for your bug out bag (BoB) – Dust made by Direct Action is the best value for your money.
The Dust is a 20+liter backpack oriented towards use as EDC and is essentially a one day backpack. It features two zippered compartments. The main compartment features an internal padded sleeve that can be used for a hydration bladder or it can be used to safely carry up to a 13” laptop. There is also a center tube exit for a hydration tube. This compartment also has a zippered mesh pocket for accessories. The smaller front compartment has an internal organizer for notepads, GPS, writing utensils and other essentials, plus a clear vinyl pocket for maps and documents. Externally there are 3 flat pockets- one on each side and one on the front of the pack. These additional side flat pockets can carry small and flat items. After unzipping the side pockets, they will fit a standard U.S. canteen or nalgene water bottle. The zippered side accessible flat pocket on the front surface is a good place to keep smaller items that need to be easily accessible without opening the packs compartments.The carrying straps and waistbelt of the Dust are adjustable and can be stowed away in the back panel, turning this pack into a slim, no-snag hand luggage. Laser-cut system compatible with MOLLE/PALS makes the backpack not only fully modular, but also still maintains a low profile look. Laser-cut does not absorb water like traditional MOLLE/PALS webbing. Suspension system is based on comfortable shoulder straps and internal stiffener in the back. Made of durable 500D Cordura nylon fabric with water-resistant coating.
Combat Vent System, the innovative ventilation system used in backpacks, and provides increased comfort for their users. Made of contoured foam profiles with multiple air channels that are combined with airy mesh, CVS keeps the pack off the back, which enhances air circulation preventing heat build-up and sweating, while the stiff foam ensures comfort and stability.
If you are interested in a larger backpack we have 2 available. The Ghost which is our largest backpack and the Dragon Egg which is our medium size backpack."
Material: Cordura, DWR coated
• 100% 500D Cordura fabric for durability
• Unique Patented CVS-Combat Vent System for operator comfort during prolonged use
• Lightweight, durable, non moisture absorbing laser-cut MOLLE/PALS system
• Heavy duty, glove friendly YKK zippers
• Main compartment has a padded sleeve for hydration bladder or up to a 13” laptop (max size 9.5"x13.5")
• Main compartment also has a mesh pocket
• One external zippered flat pocket on front
• Two small side pockets that expand when unzipped
• Additional back compartment for hydration bladder
• Paracord drag handle (contains (2) 2.5m cords)
• Quick release shoulder straps
• D-Ring attachment points
• Side retention straps with buckles
• Detachable hip belt
• Velcro panel (10.1 x 5.1 cm / 4 x 2 in) for ID patches
• All clips and buckles are made by Duraflex/WooJin
• PenCott, Kryptek and Multicam camouflages are NIR treated